Get the latest workshop dates >>
Ask questions of the experts. Learn how to make real money this year!
A New Career is Waiting for You
Appliance repair is a wide open lucrative field; there is a shortage of new people. Poor economic times have helped not hurt the appliance repair business; people are fixing, not replacing. Business is booming for a talented technician who wants to open his or her own shop. Appliance repair is an excellent choice for a mechanical person who likes dealing with people.
So how do you go about entering this new field? How can you master this great trade and open your own business?
Get Training from an Expert
Since 1997, Harry D. Raker, BS in Electrical Engineering, has been the mentor of hundreds new business start-ups. With over 40 years experience, he has written numerous books on starting your own appliance repair business and is willing to teach you how to become a successful professional. Doesn't it make sense to learn from an expert?
Our Seminars and Workshops
Come to a hands-on workshop designed just for you. Try your hand at fixing appliances. You will learn:
1. All aspects of getting your business off the ground such as:
- Focused and cheap effective marketing.
- Guidance on customer relations, pricing and accounting.
- The best tools, parts and vehicle.
2. Exactly what you need to know to quickly diagnose and repair all kitchen and laundry appliances - both old and new. For example:
- Understand and become comfortable with electrical schematics and appliance circuits. No math background needed.
- Tear down and rebuild all brands of washers, dryers, refrigerators, ice makers, ranges, disposers and dishwashers. (If possible, bring your own hand tools.)
- Get comfortable with using a multi-meter for voltage and ohms testing and a clamp-on meter for current testing. You will be building your own circuits and testing them.
- Diagnose water, oven and dryer gas valves. You will be working with operating equipment.
- Diagnose and repair broken appliances. You will be replacing belts, valves, motors, thermal limits, timers and much more. Get dirty and pull a transmission.
- Learning how to access our online resources is one of the primary benefits of attending my Workshop. Our Appliance Wizard gives you online access to all of my flowcharts, videos plus hundreds of factory manuals on your own computer at any time.
- Appliance Wizard Video Sample
For the best workshop experience you will
1. A set of hand tools, trouble/work light (110 vac,
not a flashlight) and multi-meter. See tool
2. A Wi-Fi enabled laptop.
3. Have completed the Online Academy
quizzes that you get with a confirming deposit.
4. Be well rested and ready for a fun, but
grueling two weeks.